Universitas Andalas (UNAND)
Andalas University is the oldest university in Indonesia outside Jawa and the fourth oldest in Indonesia. The university consists of nine faculties, mostly located on a hilly highland of Limau Manis approximately 15km from Padang, the capital city of West Sumatra. The campus of Andalas University occupies an area of 500 hectre. The Faculty of Medicine is located in the city center, near the Central General Hospital M.Djamil.
Established in 1955, Andalas University is the first university in Indonesia to conduct medical degree programme (5 and a half years) using the latest “Problem Based Learning System” currently adopted by USA, UK and the European countries.
This is the only university in Indonesia which conducts pre-medical programme for SPM students.
Pre-med and Medical programme are conducted in Malay.
- Established in 1956, oldest university outside Jawa and fourth oldest in Indonesia as well to conduct medical degree using the latest “Problem-Based Learning System” currently adopted by USA, UK and European countries.
- Medical Faculty funded by World Bank.
- Only university in Indonesia which conducts pre-medical programme for SPM students.
- Hostel : Provided.
- Place of Worship : Mosque, churches, temple available for students.
- Food : All kinds of food readily available (including halal food)
- Cost of living : Approximately RM700 per month.
- Currency exchange : RM1 @ 2750 Indonesian Rupiah.
- Currently, there are approximately 200 Malaysian students in UNAND.
Affiliation with other Institution
- Monash University, Australia
- World Bank : Financial assistance for the developement of curriculum and institutional support system for Faculty of Medicine, UNAND.
- Japanese Universities.
- Malaysian Universities.