Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF)
The College of Medical offers friendly, caring and supportive environment. Its course of study aims to develop a student both as a person and as a practitioner, commtted to serving community. Considerable emphasis is placed on the perparation of medical perfessionals who recognize and seek to satisfy their responsibilities to their society as a whole as well as to those individuals whom they meet in their daily clinical practice. The facilities provided by the College of Medicine are comparable to the best of the Philippines. Its Information technoloy infrastructure and laboratory equipment prepare its students for global competitiveness. Its Faculty and staff are dedicated and highly competent.
The College of Medicine is located on a 2.5 hectare site close to the center of Davao City, which boasts of a stable climate, both in terms of its weather and its politics. There are five universities within the boundaries of the City as well as several schools and colleges. Students are affiliated to the Davao Medical Center, the Davao Doctors Hospitals, San Pedro Hospital and Brokenshire Memorial Hospital for their clinical rotations in the third and fourth year of their courses.
Why study in Medicine in Davao
- Located in Davao, boasting stable climate and conducive environment.
- Currently, there are 173 Indian students (from India), 20 Malaysian students at DMSF.
- Malaysian students opting to practice in Malaysia must sit for an entry qualification exam under para 12(1)(a) of the Medical Act 1971.
- Your gateway to practice in USA / Canada because Davao Medical School is recognized by the American Medical Council (AMC).
- Hostel : Hospital, school and hostel all located within walking distances.
- Place of Worship : Mosque, churches, temple available for students.
- Food : All kinds of food readily available, (including halal food) and food stalls within 5min walking distance from the hostel.
- Cost of living : Approximately RM400 per month.
- Currency exchange : RM7.30 @ 100 Philippines Peso.
- Davao city has shopping complexes, cinemas, beaches, island resorts. Davao is a Smoke-Free city.
- Victoria Mall in 5 minutes walking distance from campus.
Affliation with other Institution
- Brokenshire Memorial Hospital