Bangladesh Agricultural University
Bangladesh Agricultural University or BAU was established as the only university of its kind in Bangladesh in 1961. The scheme for the establishment of BAU was finalized on 8 June 1961 and its ordinance was promulgated on 18 August 1961. With the appointment of its first Vice-Chancellor, the university formally came into existence on 2 September 1961 and started functioning with the College of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science at Mymensingh as its nucleus. The university has six faculties and 43 departments covering all aspects of agricultural education and research.
BAU is the second highest budgeted public university in Bangladesh for the year 2013-2014. BAU’s unparalleled research in agriculture has made it very recognized university in whole ASIA continent. Having a very low ratio of teacher-student, quality of education in BAU is brilliant and remarkable.
- Bangladesh Agriculture University (BAU) offers Bachelor Degree in Veterinary Science.
- Duration of the Degree course is four years and houseman-ship is one year. After which students can practice as a veterinary doctor immediately in their country with the title Dr.
- BAU was established in 1961. The campus is situated at western side of the old Brahmaputra River covering 1200 acres.
- BAU has two national research institutes namely Bangladesh Nuclear Agriculture institute and Fisheries Research institute.
- BAU consists of 8 departments including a teacher veterinary clinic to impact practical training diagnosis of polutry, zoology, animal diseases, surgical, skills clinical management and treatment, animal healthcare, etc for the needs of veterinary undergraduates.
- BAU also provides hostel facilities for foreign students within the campus.
The ongoing research projects undertaken by BAU students are funded by International Atomic Energy Agency Department of International Development of U.K. Norweigian
Agency for International Development International Foundation for Science etc.
- Universiti Putra Malaysia
- Texas A&M University
- Florida A&M
- Richard Stockton College of New Jersey
- Brooklyn College New York
- Ghent University of Belgium